A reminder that the best practices for reducing the spread of viruses and germs is through frequent handwashing. Players may also opt to do an elbow bump in lieu of a hi-five or handshake.
The information below was sent to us by BC Soccer. Please review.
Good afternoon BC Soccer Members and affiliated clubs,
The following is information provided by the Ministry of Health:
B.C. Provincial Health Officer Bonnie Henry has announced that the first case of novel coronavirus has been confirmed in B.C. Further details are available HERE.
BC Soccer is aware of the virus, and ongoing monitoring throughout B.C., nationally and internationally. We are confident that all the affected agencies are doing their utmost to ensure all necessary precautions are being taken to prevent the spread of infection. There is no need at this time to restrict any soccer related activities for players and team officials, or to cancel games, practices and tournaments.
As a simple precaution and reminder, BC Soccer would like to share the BC Centre for Disease Control recommendations for reducing the risk of exposure to novel coronavirus:
- Practice other good hygiene habits: do not touch your face/eyes/mouth with your hands, and cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough (ideally with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched workspace surfaces.
- Maintain good general health (eat a balanced diet, get enough sleep, exercise in moderation).
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Contact 8-1-1 (HealthLink BC) or your health care provider for questions about your personal health situation.
Further information about novel coronavirus is available on the BC Centre for Disease Control website.
Competitions & Member Services Coordinator