Globally, FIFA reported roughly 265 million soccer participants, which makes it the most popular sport from a participation and fan base standpoint. An ESPN poll revealed that second to China, the United States has the highest youth participation rate in soccer with roughly 24.5 million players. And, within the country, soccer is the second most popular sport for youth, trailing only behind basketball.
Parents can play many roles in sport: current or former athlete, coach, fan, motivator, role model, or critic. A few studies have shown that family members may influence an athlete’s involvement and achievement in sport more than coaches. Parents also are the first and most critical agents at socializing sports. If you are a parent that wants to introduce your child to this wonderful sport the information below may be helpful to get you started.
If you are a parent looking to get involved please visit our volunteer page!
Where to Begin?
If this is the first time comingonto our website and you are lost as to what steps you need to take, here are a couple of pointers that can make the process a little bit easier:
How old is your child?
- U4-U7 corresponds to children under the age of 4 up to children under the age of 7.
- U8-U12 corresponds to children under the age 8 up to children under the age of 12.
- U13+ corresponds to any children 12 years and older.
Does your child want to play in a league or learn basic skills and development only?
- If your child is aged 3-6 and you are wanting to enroll them in a league go to the top navigation bar, under girls, your child will fall in the Mini's Category.
- If your child is aged 6-10 and you are wanting to enroll them in a league go to the top navigation bar, under girls, your child will fall in the Foundations Category.
- If your child is aged 11 or older they will be playing in a divisional league. Based on your child's skill level there are different teams that accommodate all types of players, some that are recreational and some that are highly competitive and require invitations to be a part of.
- If your child is only interested in their development and is 5 years or older, click on development center under development on the top navigation bar to view the different programs offered. Additionally, we offer camps throughout the year through different seasons.
If you are a parent that is new to soccer and wants to learn more about the rules or other details regarding the game and the process of enrolling your child into the sport, below are some helpful links.
PHONE: (877) 708-1382 | MAILING: PO Box 37031 2032 Lonsdale Ave N Van. V7M 2K0