Finacial Aid & Refunds
NSGSC is a not-for-profit organization. This recognizes the need for a more flexible refund policy due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the expenses of the Club and the ability for players to fully participate in regular soccer programming as we return to normal playing conditions.
This policy contemplates the following considerations:
- Return-to-Play protocols for Safe Soccer have increased several operational costs for NSGSC, regardless of whether we have regular games. These include:
- Increased fields and field times due to social distancing and capacity restrictions
- Increased equipment requirements (cones, balls) for adequate field set-up to allow for distancing and minimal touch
- Addition of cleaning and sanitizing materials for proper equipment maintenance and PPE for staff and coaches
- Addition of staff hours to manage Safety on-field and training/support
- NSGSC commits to some program expenditures well in advance of the season or camp as registration numbers are determined. These expenses are not recoverable to the Club if/when a member withdraws.
- At all times, NSGSC is responsible for safeguarding the long-term financial stability of the club.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for refunds to be processed.
- The final amount of any refund will be at the NSGSC’s discretion. Refund amounts subject to change based on Return-to-Play updates.
- NSGSC understands that unpredictable situations come up suddenly, especially regarding illness/concern from the COVID-19 pandemic.
If your situation requires, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 SUMMER CAMPS
Refunds will be processed accordingly based on participation in accordance with Public Health Guidelines on return to play:
- CANCELLATION of all CAMPS due to PHO, prior to July 12th FULL REFUND
Cancellation of Participation for personal reasons:
- Up to 2-weeks prior to the Camp Start Date: 82% REFUND
- Within 13 Days of the Camp Start Date NO REFUND
2021/2022 FALL YOUTH LEAGUE
While we hope that the 2021/2 Season will have us returning to more “normal” game play, we appreciate that registration, team formations and planning all begin well in advance. Under the current pandemic climate, many things are still unknown and many families may have challenges making and meeting commitments. Because of this remaining uncertainty, NSGSC will continue to offer an amended Refund protocol as we move into the 2021/2 season:
PRE-SEASON = One Month Prior to Session = 82% Refund*
- FALL – Prior to September 7th
- WINTER – Prior to December 8
- SPRING – Prior to March 9
MONTH 1 = Before the end of the first month of the Session 65% Refund*
- FALL – September 8 – October 18th
- WINTER – December 9 – January
- SPRING – Prior to March 9 IN-SEASON
After the first month of the Session = NO Refund
- FALL – After October 19th
- WINTER –After February 1st
- SPRING – After May 1st
- PRE-SEASON = Prior to August 22 = 82% Refund*
- BLOCK 1 : Early-Season : August 23 - September 26 = 65% Refund*
- BLOCK 2 : Fall : September 27 - December 12 = 40% Refund
- BLOCK 3 : Winter : December 13th onwards = NO Refund
Refunds will be based on 100% of your paid league registration and if applicable Metro or Select, fees.
*EXCEPTION TO PRE-SEASON & BLOCK 1 – For METRO/SELECT players only. Metro/Select players who accept a spot with NSGSC are subject to a 60% PENALTY on their League + Metro/Select Fee should they choose to withdraw their placement to move to another Club prior to September 26th, 2021.*
*EXCEPTION TO PRE-SEASON & BLOCK 1 - U6/U7/U8 players only. U6/U7/U8 families who are new to soccer, and find that the program is not working for their family, may withdraw prior to September 26th and receive an 82% refund.
Refund requests must be submitted via email to both email@example.com and your AGC (Age Group Coordinator) whose e-mail can be found at http://www.nsgsc.com/clubcontacts. Please include the player's name, age group, team name, and phone number.
EXCEPTIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
Partial refunds will continue to be given to:
- Injured players (with Doctor's note). (Rate will be calculated based on injury documentation date).
- Wait-listed players will have their registration fees returned if we do not have space.
- At any point during the season (prior to December 15th, 2021) that a U14-U17 Metro Renegades player is invited to move up to BCSPL-MUFC, confirmed by the MUFC TD and Metro Head Coach. (Rate will be calculated based on move date).
- At any point during the season (prior to December 15th, 2021) that a U13 Div 1 Renegades player is invited to move up to BCSPL-NVFC, confirmed by the NVFC TD and Metro Head Coach. (Rate will be calculated based on move date).
- A player’s jersey(s) plus shorts must be returned to the team's manager before a refund will be processed.
PLEASE NOTE: Refunds are not provided for cancellations of games or practices due to field closures related to weather.
DEVELOPMENT CENTRE PROGRAMS
The 2020/1 Season will allow participants to pay in full for the entire season/year or in installments for each session: Fall, Winter, Spring. Session fees will be due in full as follows:
- Fall - Before September 7th
- Winter - Before December 18th
- Spring - before March 13th
A cancellation fee equivalent to ONE SESSION will be charged to all refund requests within 14 days of program commencement.
A cancellation fee equivalent to TWO SESSIONS will be applied to all refund requests and the refund will be prorated based on the portion of the Session elapsed, whether participation has occurred or not.
REFUNDS are NOT provided due to cancellations related to weather conditions.
The INVITE ONLY Prospects Development Program runs September – March.
- Fees will be due in full before September 7th .
- Cancellations PRIOR to Thanksgiving weekend = 65% REFUND
- Cancellations from October 11th – December 5th = 40% REFUND
- Cancellations AFTER December 6th = NO REFUND
REFUNDS are NOT provided due to cancellations related to weather conditions
Financial Aid Applicaton Process
- Applicants will be required to apply for financial assistance directly, and prior to registration.
- If your financial assistance is pending at the time of registration we will ask you to pay at registration and we will provide you a refund once the funds for your application are sent to us on your child's behalf.
- Please note the amount of funding you receive can vary and is dependant upon the agency you apply to, along with the amount they are able to provide to you.
- For those players registering for evaluations you will be required to pay the evaluation fee.
- If paying for full registration upfront will cause financial distress please email the registrar in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find a workable solution.
- If participating in evaluations or playing for a Metro, Division 1 & 2 team receipt of all financial assistance applications must be received prior to the first date of evaluations.
The North Shore Girls Soccer Club recognizes that not all families can afford to pay entire registration fees to participate in organized team sports. The NSGSC relies on the generous support of three wonderful organizations to assist parents in the payment of these fees.
Requests for financial assistance can be made either through the following organizations:
- KidSport North Shore (www.kidsportcanada.ca/)
- Athletics for Kids (www.a4k.ca)
- Jumpstart (http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/en.html
The North Shore Girls Soccer club asks all parents/guardians applying for financial assistance to submit a financial assistance request to the above-mentioned organizations prior to registration and send a completed copy of the application (in confidence) to the Club’s registrar either by photo/scan/email or mail to:
North Shore Girls Soccer Club
PO box 37031
2032 Lonsdale Ave.
North Vancouver, BC V7M 2K0