Finacial Aid & Refunds
NSGSC is a not-for-profit organization. This recognizes the need for a more flexible refund policy due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the expenses of the Club and the ability for players to fully participate in regular soccer programming as we return to normal playing conditions.
This policy contemplates the following considerations:
- Return-to-Play protocols for Safe Soccer have increased several operational costs for NSGSC, regardless of whether we have regular games. These include:
- Increased fields and field times due to social distancing and capacity restrictions
- Increased equipment requirements (cones, balls) for adequate field set-up to allow for distancing and minimal touch
- Addition of cleaning and sanitizing materials for proper equipment maintenance and PPE for staff and coaches
- Addition of staff hours to manage Safety on-field and training/support
- NSGSC commits to some program expenditures well in advance of the season or camp as registration numbers are determined. These expenses are not recoverable to the Club if/when a member withdraws.
- At all times, NSGSC is responsible for safeguarding the long-term financial stability of the club.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for refunds to be processed.
- The final amount of any refund will be at the NSGSC’s discretion. Refund amounts subject to change based on Return-to-Play updates.
- NSGSC understands that unpredictable situations come up suddenly, especially regarding illness/concern from the COVID-19 pandemic.
If your situation requires, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 SPRING PROGRAMS
CANCELLATION of Participation:
PRIOR to APRIL 24th : 82% Refund
AFTER APRIL 24th NO Refund
2022 SUMMER CAMPS
CANCELLATION of Participation:
Up to 2-weeks prior to the Camp Start Date 82% Refund
Within 13 days of the Camps Start Date NO Refund
For the above programs, refund requests must be submitted via email to
email@example.com. Please include the player's name, age group, and program.
2022/3 FALL YOUTH LEAGUE
PRE-SEASON = Prior to First Session = 82% Refund*
• FALL – Prior to September 10th
• WINTER – Prior to January 7th
MONTH 1 = Before the end of the first month of the Sessions 65% Refund*
• FALL – September 10th – October 7th
• WINTER – January 7th – February 3rd
After the first month of the Session = NO Refund
• FALL – After October 7th
• WINTER – After February 3rd
PRE-SEASON = Prior to August 22 82% Refund*
BLOCK 1 = Early-Season. August 23 –September 26 65% Refund*
BLOCK 2 = Fall. September 27 - December 12 40% Refund
BLOCK 3 = Winter. December 13th onwards NO Refund
Refunds will be based on 100% of your paid league registration, and if applicable Metro or
*EXCEPTION TO PRE-SEASON & BLOCK 1 – For METRO/SELECT players only. Metro/Select
players who accept a spot with NSGSC are subject to a 60% PENALTY on their League + Metro/Select Fee should they choose to withdraw their placement and/or move to another Club prior to September 26th, 2022. This includes players moving to BCSPL not outlined in the rules below specific for MUFC and NVFC.
*EXCEPTION TO PRE-SEASON & BLOCK 1 - U6/U7 players only. U6/U7 families who are new (having never played with NSGSC before) to soccer, and find that the program is not working for their family, may withdraw prior to September 26th and receive an 82% refund.*
For Youth League, refund requests must be submitted via email to both firstname.lastname@example.org and your AGC (Age Group Coordinator) whose e-mail can be found at https://www.nsgsc.com/contact/. Please include the player's name, age group, team name, and phone number.
EXCEPTIONS FOR CONSIDERATION – Partial refunds will continue to be given to:
• Injured players (with Doctor's note). (Rate will be calculated based on injury documentation date).
• Wait-listed players will have their registration fees returned if we do not have space.
• At any point prior to December 16th, 2022 that a U13 & U14 Div 1 Renegades player is invited to move to BCSPL-NVFC, confirmed by the NVFC TD, NSGSC DoC and Metro Head Coach. (Rate will be calculated based on move date).
• At any point prior to December 16th, 2022 that a U15-U18 Renegades or D1 player is invited to move to BCSPL-MUFC, confirmed by the MUFC TD, NSGSC DoC and Metro Head Coach. (Rate will be calculated based on move date).
• A player’s jersey(s) plus shorts must be returned to the team's manager before a refund will be processed.
PLEASE NOTE: Refunds are not provided for cancellations of games or practices due to field
closures related to weather.
Financial Aid Applicaton Process
- Applicants will be required to apply for financial assistance directly, and prior to registration.
- If your financial assistance is pending at the time of registration we will ask you to pay at registration and we will provide you a refund once the funds for your application are sent to us on your child's behalf.
- Please note the amount of funding you receive can vary and is dependant upon the agency you apply to, along with the amount they are able to provide to you.
- For those players registering for evaluations you will be required to pay the evaluation fee.
- If paying for full registration upfront will cause financial distress please email the registrar in confidence at email@example.com and we will find a workable solution.
- If participating in evaluations or playing for a Metro, Division 1 & 2 team receipt of all financial assistance applications must be received prior to the first date of evaluations.
The North Shore Girls Soccer Club recognizes that not all families can afford to pay entire registration fees to participate in organized team sports. The NSGSC relies on the generous support of three wonderful organizations to assist parents in the payment of these fees.
Requests for financial assistance can be made either through the following organizations:
- KidSport North Shore (www.kidsportcanada.ca/)
- Athletics for Kids (www.a4k.ca)
- Jumpstart (http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/en.html
The North Shore Girls Soccer club asks all parents/guardians applying for financial assistance to submit a financial assistance request to the above-mentioned organizations prior to registration and send a completed copy of the application (in confidence) to the Club’s registrar either by photo/scan/email or mail to:
North Shore Girls Soccer Club
PO box 37031
2032 Lonsdale Ave.
North Vancouver, BC V7M 2K0